GREEN TOURISM & SUSTAINABILITY
Newhill Farm Cottages are located in a beautiful rural area of Fife. There is scenic countryside, farmland and woodland all around us and we would encourage our guests to support our Green Tourism and sustainability efforts.
- We generate some of our electricity via solar panels, thereby cutting our carbon footprint.
- We have insulated our buildings and loft areas to minimise heat loss.
- We advise closing the windows if the heating is on.
- We use energy saving light bulbs throughout our properties. We encourage switching off lights in unoccupied rooms.
- Please replace swimming pool & hot tub covers immediately after use.
- We use ‘A’ rated electrical appliances where possible.
- Please turn off the heating if it is not required.
- Our water supply is a private bore hole of 40 metres depth.
- It is regularly tested, is clean & certified safe. There are UV filters fitted.
- Please help to conserve water by using it wisely.
Nature & The Environment
- Please help us to protect this special place by tidying up your litter and guarding against fire risk.
- Enjoy using the local area responsibly and sustainably.
- Please clear up after your dog by bagging and binning waste.
- Take time to enjoy exploring the lovely walking and cycling tracks in the area.
- There are plenty of maps and wildlife books in the cottages to enjoy.
- On your doorstep, Pitmedden Forest offers an extensive network of walking/cycling paths and scenic views.
- Nearby is RSPB Loch Leven, plus Birnie & Gaddon Lochs Nature Reserves.
Rubbish & Recycling
- Please recycle as much as possible.
- We have recycling facilities on site for Mixed Glass & Mixed Dry (paper, cardboard, all plastics, cans/tins).
- Our welcome information folder and posters contain recycling details.
- Due to our rural location, a car is needed for distance travel.
- We offer a pre-payable Electric Vehicle Charging Station on site.
- Local buses are available in Auchtermuchty.
- There are train stations at Ladybank and Perth.
- Park and Ride facilities are available at Perth, Kinross & Dunfermline.
- Bicycle hire is available at Sinclair Cycles, Loch Leven in Kinross and at Spokes Bike Shop, St. Andrews.
- We encourage car free activities like walking, cycling, swimming & tennis.
Shop & Eat Locally
- Auchtermuchty, Falkland and the surrounding villages have a selection of local independent retailers and eateries.
- There are regular farmers markets in Cupar, St. Andrews & Perth and excellent farm shops and cafes in the area too.
- Our welcome folder has lots of suggestions for enjoying the local area.
Equality, Health & Wellbeing
- We hope that all our guests will enjoy the scenic location and gain benefit from the rural tranquillity of our cottages.
- We strongly believe in equality, diversity and inclusivity.
- We have carefully considered health & safety procedures in place to ensure guests can have confidence in their stay.
- We have full information available for accessibility requirements.